Upon OC Leak Detection providing a pool, spa or leak detection service on your home, if we complete any repair work at a value of $2,000.00 or more, your leak detection is FREE!
Does Your Pool or Spa Have a Leak in Arcadia, Ca.?
The experienced and knowledgeable team at OC Leak Detection are proud leak detection specialists who offer a range of detection and repair services for pool and spa leaks in Arcadia. OC Leak Detection has been a family-owned and operated business for 20 years and was founded on the principle of offering the best in customer service. Each of our pool and spa leak detection and repair services comes with this commitment to excellence. Dana Herranen, founder of OC Leak Detection, is a third-generation leak detection contractor who started the company with the commitment to exemplify honesty, knowledge and customer service to all clients. Two decades later, this commitment to excellence has not changed.
The experts at OC Leak Detection specialize in pool and spa leak detection using the latest methods and equipment to quickly locate your leak source. Our highly-experienced and talented leak detection specialists are here to help you with any pool or spa leak you may have in the Arcadia, CA, area.
Have You Tried the Bucket Test?
Have you wondered if you actually have a pool or spa leak or if it is just evaporation? The bucket test can let you know in as little as 24 hours! Here is what you need to do:
- Get a bucket! Any 5 Gallon bucket will do....
- Place something heavy in the bucket such as a brick
- Place the bucket on the step of your pool in the water (any other flat surface in the pool or spa will work)
- Fill the bucket up with water so that the water in the bucket is even with the body of water it is sitting in
- Mark the inside and outside water level with tape or a sharpie
- This step is optional, but I like to take pictures of the levels with my cell phone
- Leave bucket to sit for 24-48 hours
- Return to see if the two bodies of water are at the same level
Please see image below.
So now that you can see what has occurred, what does this mean? As long as the bucket is not compromised, this level of water will only be lost to evaporation. (Evaporation in the 1/8"-1/4" per day is considered normal and in hotter months can increase) If the pool does not have a leak, the two bodies of water will be the same. If the pool does have a leak, the pool or spa will be lower than the water level in the bucket! If the water in pool or spa is lower, it's time to call in the experts at OC Leak Detection servicing Arcadia!
How Can I Tell if My Pool is Leaking?
There are many indicators that your pool is having leak issues, and its not just the obvious. Lets name a few:
- A sudden rise in the water bill (only when an autofill is in use)
- Your pumps are not priming
- The pool will not maintain its proper chemical levels
- Air bubbles coming out of return lines
- Lifting or sagging concrete
If you notice any of these common signs of a pool or spa leak, be sure to immediately call the experts at OC Leak Detection! Using only the best equipment on the market from Anderson Manufacturing as well as Leaktronics, we can provide a thorough analysis of the health of your pool and spa system at a competitive price in Arcadia.
Can You Repair My Pool or Spa Leak?
OC Leak Detection not only offers leak detection services but also repair services in Arcadia including those for:
- Pool & Spa Return Lines
- Pumps & Equipment
- Non Structural Crack Repair
- Pool & Spa Suction Lines
- Pool Skimmer Basket Repair
- And More.....
Our team can come to your home and identify the type of leak affecting your pool, spa or fountain. We will then offer repair services that will take care of the problem for good.