Upon OC Leak Detection providing a water damage inspection service on your home, if we complete any repair work your water damage inspection is FREE!
Water Damage Mitigation in Hidden Valley, Ca.
Having water damage from a plumbing leak or from a storm water intrusion can be a very uncomfortable experience. Natural disasters and plumbing leaks happen unexpectedly especially in Southern California and in Hidden Valley. A highly experienced staff is required for dealing with these situations quickly, comfortably and efficiently. At OC Leak Detection, we can provide you efficient service in extracting water, ensure to dry all affected areas completely as well as finding the location of the water intrusion or the plumbing leak itself and fix it on the spot.
Water Damage Cleanup Steps for Hidden Valley
The process of water damage mitigation can seem like an overwhelming process and it is. OC Leak Detection is highly experienced in this field and can help walk you through the entire process. So, lets take a look at the steps and the process for the catastrophe you are currently experiencing.
- So you can see water damage? The first step you need to take is to ensure the leak is stopped. If your water damage is from a plumbing leak, you need to shut off the main water supply to your home. Storm water damage intrusion leaks are more difficult to deal with. Call an experienced company such as OC Leak Detection to come out and mitigate the damage immediately.
- Now that the leak is somewhat controlled, call OC Leak Detection at 866.523.3303 first to immediately extract any water and mitigate further damage and get the water damage dryout process started. We do provide Emergency Response Service in Hidden Valley.
- At this point you will need to be making the decision of whether or not you will be using your homeowners insurance or going without. OC Leak Detection can help advise you of what your options are as well as costs are and be able to show you the extent of your water damage visually via a Flir Infrared Thermal Imaging Camera. Be sure to know your deductible, this will help you to quickly know whether or not it is worth opening a claim or not.
- This next step is very important and is required by law. Any dwelling built in Hidden Valley, Ca. prior to 1982 (this date changes so a current date would need to be obtained) needs to be tested for the presence of Asbestos and or Lead prior to any cutting or removal of materials.
- Now the drying process should be started using commercial drying equipment, we should know whether or not we are going through the claims process and have all authorizations we need. Moisture mapping and picture taking has been completed, Asbestos/Lead testing would have been completed if needed and the removal of all non-salvageable materials has started. Depending on the type of water damage, plastic containment/dust barriers would be installed in order to keep your home clear of any kind of contamination from mold or bacteria.
- Now that the demo portion is completed, the water damage drying equipment has been sitting on site for a minimum of 3 days, often 4-5 days, in order to completely dry all structures and materials that were left in place. Once we verify that everything is completely dry, we will then come out and take more photos and pull all equipment as well as complete a final cleaning.
- At this point, your leak has been fixed, your home no longer has water damage or the chance for mold or bacterial growth. Looking around, you might have spots where sections of drywall were removed, maybe cabinets or even carpet or flooring are now gone. Where do you go from here? Unfortunately this next portion, which we call "put back" or the rebuild process, is not something that we handle. We then will hand you off to our good friends over at Emercon Construction 949-204-7130. Like us, they too work with all insurance companies and are mainly the preferred vendor for most insurance companies in Hidden Valley, Ca.